This month (actually, Year) flew by. I was recalling what kind of month I'd had, or, our family had. At the end of September Lane injured his right foot. He just pushed on the shovel and the pressure on the top of his boot broke a bone on the top. He was in a lot of pain 2 days later and went to the dr. --the x-ray showed he broke it. Now Lane's foot is healed nicely. He's trying to get used to using it again and bending his heal....
One day this month was a stressful morning trying to get out of the house to get to grandma's. After I showered I heard Kimmie yell up the stairs, "Jacob's diaper came off". Knowing before I showered that he he was poopy for the 2nd time that morning, I ran down as fast as I could and saw the diaper, saw Jacob, went to pick him up just as I stepped in the fresh stuff with both clean bare feet. What a shock! It was the same color as the brown carpet and Jacob had already smashed it for me. I picked him up and tip-toed up the stairs with poop on my heals all the way to the bathroom and back into the tub. Well, Jacob has taken his diaper off a few times since and I now know I cannot leave him without pants on...and a onesie w/snaps is even better! So, while I tried to think of "how" I was going to clean the stinkin' mess and several tries to keep Jacob out of it I put him upstairs. As I was cleaning it up I heard a "thump". Jacob had gotten on the kitchen table (which he's done several times) but the table cloth slipped and off he went. He had a hard day. But at least he's not crying from any teeth coming in--they're all done.(Looking back at this day, it is kind of funny but it wasn't at the time it happened.)
Our car was towed this month. We had the fuel pump replaced. We got a new clothes dryer. Our old one began to get really hot on the outside and burned the label on the back of it. The dryer squeaked after not using it all summer. The squeaking got so loud which helped us learn this danger. I could run it 5 min. then let it cool down, then run it 5 min. and so on. A few days after we knew we needed a new dryer I walked into the storage room to put away the laundry baskets before bed (which I debated on doing but wouldn't have seen) and heard, "drip, drip, drip" and told Lane to come look at something just as bad as everything else....the dishwasher from upstairs was leaking and dripping through the ceiling onto the cement floor downstairs. Lane just hugged me and made a pretend whimper like a sad dog. When it rains it (literally) pours. Could things be worse? YES. We are so blessed. Going without a dishwasher for a year is what we've done before, we can do it again, hopefully sooner.
I went swimming with the kids last night, 1st time in a real pool and had a blast. Grandma Muir watched baby Evelyn while her mom (Andrea--my sister) and I swam with Kimmie, Jacob, Olivia (cousin) and Kristy (my aunt). The kids wading pool is a lot of fun, the current pool is swift and relaxing and the slide is the best! We need to swim more often. We left the pool at 9pm--freezing. Jacob was still stomping in the water after getting dry and dressed in the dressing room. We were all so tired the next day all 3 of us slept in until 9am.
Here are some of the funny sayings this month:
Dadda, I want ice cream and a sandwich with no onions.
Daddy, that is a really fat pumpkin just like your face is.
Kimmie was jabbering all morning. When lunch time came and she was still talking I told her to sit on her booster and be quiet while I made her lunch....and she said, "All this talking is making me hungry!"
Kimmie wanted to help me wash the counter and some sticky drawers. She had to go potty and left the windex and paper towel on the table and ran to the bathroom and ran right back and said, "Momma, whatever you do, don't clean everything!" and she ran to go potty.
2 comments:
I can just envision Jacob taking off his diaper and the whole fiasco that followed! I am laughing my head off! Sounds like you're gonna have to start putting the warm fuzzy pajamas on backward with the zipper up his back this winter so he doesn't take them off too! Thanks for the update!
Love your blog! We'll plan to save it as a favorite and check in frequently.
Anna
Post a Comment