Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What a "fall" into the season

I have finally found an easy way to keep up with sharing news to everyone. Learning how to blog was a little challenging, but almost anything that is free is worth a try. I love to record history of myself and family and love reading about the lives of other family's and friends.
We've lived in our house almost 5 years. The last quarter of this year has brought many events to us--real trials. But nothing we can't get through. Lane is still the executive secretary in our ward for the Bishop. I was released as Primary President after 2.5 years and am now the ward music coordinator. I find musical numbers for sacrament meeting and so far I really love it. I've found my "new love" again that I had lost a few years ago. I love music and it's very theraputic, along with writing, for me.

We've been quite busy. This summer Lane built stairs for the tree house to match the tree house and painted them. About a month ago we finished our yard work. Lane painted the picket fence and my parents (who I owe more than I can ever repay) and I planted about 1000 bulbs in the front yard in 2 Saturdays. And now I've put 2 trees in the parking strip. Lane refinished our wood-burning stove and ward members carried it downstairs for him because he broke his foot doing the yard work.
I'll just end by saying Happy Halloween!!

5 comments:

marcie said...

Hey, welcome to the blogging world! That tree house is awesome! How fun for your kids! Hope all is well!

Marianne said...

It's great to see you joining us bloggers! I love all your pictures. That treehouse is amaging! Lane did a terrific job on those stairs. I bet the kids have so much fun up there! Have a great day!

Mark & Cindy said...

I love your blog! I love to read everyone's blog. Your pictures are so cute. Must be the cute little kids that in them!
I have blog too, that I started several months ago...just need to find some time to update it. Would be fun to use as a journal. Have a great day!

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

Yeah! I love your blog! I will check it out often.
Hope you guys are doing great.
Amber

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Looks great. Glad you have joined the blogging world. I will look forward to staying even more up to date in what you guys are doing.