
Sat., March 7, 2009
We went to the open-house of the Draper Temple
I decided to blog it like I saw my other friend and show our ride to the Temple...Kimmie wouldn't smile for the camera.
Here is the church's official website: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=e419fb40e21cef00VgnVCM1000001f5e340aRCRD
I was 4-1/2 years old when I first went through a temple open house. It was the Jordan River Temple. All I remember were escalators. Kimmie will probably remember a little bit about this. We sat in the Sealing room (just like the first picture on this post). It was beautiful and brought back many happy memories. I let Kimmie look through the mirrors and see forever (2 mirrors facing each other) symbolizing eternity and families being bound together forever if they're married and sealed through the Priesthood ordinance in the Temple. Our church is the only church with the authority to baptize and marry the way the Lord has taught. We don't share this to say we are better than other churches, we share this so that everyone may also partake of the blessings that have been restored to the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. Because we share the same beliefs as other churches plus we have the fullness of the gospel with no pieces missing. That is why there are so many different churches on the earth. They all have good in them and are doing the best they know how. But there is only one true church, and it has been given to the earth once more.
We also saw the baptismal font with the 12 oxen underneith it. Kimmie wanted to go swim in it. The Celestial room was smaller than most I've seen. But very peaceful and beautiful.
We love all of our families very very much. We want to share the "good news" (definition of Gospel) with them. I'm thankful to know that if anything happens to my husband, kids, parents etc. that I will see them again because we are sealed together. Truth is eternal and everlasting no matter what anyone else may say otherwise.
We also saw the Bride's room. March 22, 2009 the Draper Temple will be Dedicated and then begin operation. yay!!
3 comments:
Post a Comment