Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Kimmie!

You may ask why she is doing this face? I have no idea other than I told her to smile for the camera to take a picture of her pj's she got for her birthday.
March 6, 2009
Kimmie is now 4-years old
Then I told her to be normal and smile and I got this....
Cousin Evelyn had fun celebrating with us also. Andrea and Uncle Paul also came over to spend the day with Kimmie and 2 hours with her friends.
Jacob had just as much fun with her gifts as she did. He painted beautifully.
This is from mommy and daddy. "I Can Be....a baby doctor Barbie". It was the most modest barbie I could find--the one with the most clothes on.
Mommy also got her these glitter paint pens. She LOVES them, mommy does not. But it occupies her and she makes pretty art work with them.
Her friend, Emily gave her the Crayola wonder paper. Jacob got one from Caleb. They both love them. It's GREAT for church during sacrament meeting.
Here is Kimmie's favorite gift from her friend, McCall.

Everyone I invited to the party came. I was very surprised. They all had fun playing with the presents. Kimmie got some really cute things. A view-finder with Care Bear pictures from Blossom, a little mermaid doll set that you can change the rubber clothes on a "tiny" doll...Kimmie loves it.


This is Kyson explaining his gift to Kimmie. He was so serious, it was funny. It's a cool camera with pictures in it of princesses and it talks when you take pictures.

Here's Kimmie, Blossom, Caleb, Somer and Jacob's back

They ALL gathered to see her open them. It, being my first birthday party to throw for a kid, surprised me how much interest kids have in each others' things.

Here's Andrea talking to Kyson. He said, "I'm getting tired of this game". It was funny. Jacob looks like he's trying to see what's wrong also.

The kids are playing "I had a little doggie" while they wait for lunch to get out of the oven.
It's McCall, Emily, Caleb, Somer, Kimmie's back and Blossom is standing.

I tried to do a train cake out of zingers. Tracks out of licorice, jelly beans for rocks and brown sugar for dirt...powdered sugar for snow and marshmallows for smoke. The magic candles only worked for a little bit. I was video taping the singing and blowing out of candles (every kids helped blow and the powdered sugar went everywhere--wasn't thinking) so I didn't get a picture. It was a really fun day!! I think I had more fun than Kimmie did. Well, maybe not. It was a lot of fun (and help) to have Paul and Andrea there to help me with "crowd control".



1 comment:

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.