This is part of my family tree. This is the branch of my dad's side, with my dad's father on the top left.
Have you ever been to the Redwoods? What an inspiring experience. I've never felt so little until I stood in that place that made me not just hear, but feel silence. I don't know if there is any eternal symbolism involved with Trees and Family History but I know why families are like trees because their branches are by the dozens! They grow fast and far and the tree (further down below) tells a BIG story.
When I was young I learned a song in primary about the Prophet Elijah coming to restore the keys of the sealing power of families, which he restored to Joseph Smith. In the Bible, in Malachi 4:5-6 it talks about the hearts of the children will turn to their father's and the hearts of the father's will be turned to their children. In other words, there will be a "heart tugging" if you want to call it that, and the people on the earth will have a desire to learn about their ancestors, who they are, where they came from, what they did in their lives etc. If their memories are preserved (by us now-for those who come after us) and we read their stories, in the next life we will already know each other. I have a lot of work to do. Someday I will print this blog out as my journal along with the other journal that I have. This one can have pictures. It is my life story, along with what my children are doing at this stage of their lives. Each day builds them to who they are going to become, and someday I want to be built into who God wants me to become. This is why I share such personal stuff because this journal is for my children and me. I don't want them not knowing what I believe or why. I thank my mom and Grandmother's for being so open with their belief's. I realize it's something I take for granted. There are teaching moments all through the day with my children or people we meet. Chances to show honesty and integrity and morality and charity--even in the grocery store. We show what we are by how we live and what we think is portrayed by the way we live. So, we "tell on ourselves" in many ways....and I love my kids so much I want them to know what I know.
Heavenly Father teaches me what my work should be. By reading the scriptures and praying and attending church I learn what my priorities should be. God's whole purpose and "Joy" in His existence is told in Moses 1:39, "For this is My work and My glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." His whole JOY is ME and his other children (everyone who has been or ever will be on earth) and He wants me to be with Him forever. So that is where my whole life centers (as much as I can try, anyway--because I am far from perfect). So it doesn't matter what I look like, where I live, what house or car I have, it matters what I do with my responsibility as a Wife and Mother, and keeping the commandments and having Faith. Nothing else matters. If I teach my children the gospel and I get to be with my family forever, then my joy will be full. So I will help God "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of" His children by doing my part.
I want to be as strong as that tree. (Picture taken by my mom)
A primary song I learned goes like this:
"Family history--I am doing it, My family history.
And the love I feel when I'm doing it is very sweet to me.
I learn stories of my progenitors; I write their history.
I keep records of my loved ones on my own fam'ly tree.
Fam'ly living now & the ones who've died can all be sealed to me,
And someday I'll meet every one of them, I'm sure as I can be.
Oh what joy we'll have when they say to me, 'We're all a family'.
I am yours and you are mine now, through all eternity.
My Grandma Lillis and Grandpa Clifton Muir had a stillborn baby first (Clifton Jr.), he died. Then they had Nolan -1st son on the right, Russ (my dad) 3rd to the left, Roger -2nd to left, then Sidney-very left side. Four boys to work on the farm. My dad was allergic to everything, so he mainly stayed inside to help his mom. When my Grandma was pregnant with my dad my grandpa began building this house. They finished it and my dad was born and they moved in. So the house is as old as my dad--born in March 1950. My dad just turned 59. It is now a rental house owned by my uncle Sid in Rexburg, Idaho.
This is my Dad on his mission to Argentina
This is a picture of my Dad's Mothers' parents--Abner and Mary Widdison. I do not have a picture of my MUIR Great-Grandparents.
Grandma Widdison taught my dad how to cook, love flowers, and play the piano. He later took organ lessons at Rick's College (now BYU-Idaho)
This is a picture of my Dad's Mothers' parents--Abner and Mary Widdison. I do not have a picture of my MUIR Great-Grandparents.Grandma Widdison taught my dad how to cook, love flowers, and play the piano. He later took organ lessons at Rick's College (now BYU-Idaho)





1 comment:
Post a Comment